Sign in to OneDrive. In this article we show you how to log into OneDrive so you have access to your files, photos, and videos from anywhere and on any device. Do you have problems accessing your account? Don’t worry, we also explain different ways to recover your account so that you can continue sharing with this service. Now let’s see what OneDrive is and what it is for.
OneDrive is a free service from Microsoft for storing, syncing, and sharing files in the cloud . The service is available for Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Phone, Xbox One, Android, iOS, and Mac OS X.
Former users may remember this service under the name SkyDrive or Windows Live SkyDrive, which was the name it used to be called until a few years ago.
What does OneDrive offer in storage space? OneDrive offers 5GB of storage space on its free basic plan. In paid plans you can get up to 5TB that can be installed and used by 5 users at the same time, this plan includes a license for Office 365 .
How to sign in to OneDrive?
To log in to OneDrive follow these 3 steps:
- Direct your browser to the following link to get to the main page of OneDrive and click on ” sign in ” located in the upper right
- Enter your email address associated with OneDrive and click the ” Next ” button
- Enter your password associated with OneDrive and press the blue button ” Sign in “
Note: If you check the ” Keep me signed in” box , OneDrive will remember your account and you won’t have to sign in again.
When you log into OneDrive, you can see all your files hosted in the cloud and you can open them directly from your browser.
Recover OneDrive account
Many users try to log into a OneDrive account that they have abandoned or have not used in some time and find that it has been blocked or deleted. In other cases they do not remember the access data and need to recover important files. For these cases, we show you how to recover the account.
- Complete the first 2 steps to sign in to OneDrive explained above . Then click on ” Have you forgotten your password? “
- Choose one of the options, depending on the problem you are presenting. Then click on the ” Next ” button
- I have forgotten my password. With the help of your email associated with OneDrive you can recover your password. You just have to fill in the boxes, press ” Next ” and follow the instructions
- I know my password, but I can’t log in. OneDrive invites you to check if the email address is spelled correctly or if you mistakenly wrote a different email address than the one associated with your OneDrive account.
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account. The service platform asks you to select a reason from a list to help you log into OneDrive smoothly. After choosing press ” Next ” and follow the instructions