If you want to Set up a Gmail account in Outlook Express, you only need to sign up with a Microsoft account. In this article we show you how to create an email and thus be able to enjoy all the benefits associated with your account.
To set up a Gmail email account in Outlook Express, you need to follow these two steps:
İn Your Gmail Account: Enable Pop Access
To do this, click on the gear icon in the upper right, then select Mail Settings at the top of any Gmail page and then click Forwarding and POP / IMAP mail .
Select Enable POP for all messages or Enable POP for messages received from now on.
On this screen, select the action you want your messages to perform after you have accessed them with OUTLOOK. (for example, keep them in your GMAIL account)…
Configure The Outlook Express Client
- Click on the Tools menu and choose Accounts …
- Click Add and then Mail…
- Enter your name in the Display name: field , then click Next .
- Enter your full Gmail email address ([email protected]) in the Email Address field and click Next . Google Apps users must enter the full email address in the format “[email protected]_domain.com”.
- Type pop.gmail.com in the Incoming mail server (POP3, IMAP or HTTP): field . Type smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP): field . Google Apps users must enter the server names provided; do not add the domain name in this step.
- Click Next .
- Enter your full email address (including “@ gmail.com” or “@ your_domain.com”) in the Account name: field . Next, enter your Gmail password in the Password: field and click Next .
- Click Finish .
- Choose pop.gmail.com under Account and click Properties .
- Click on the Advanced tab .
- Complete the following information: *
- Check the box next to Server requires a secure connection (SSL) in Outgoing mail server (SMTP) .
- Type 465 in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP): field .
- Check the box next to The server requires a secure connection (SSL) on Incoming mail server (POP3) . The port number changes to 995 . The order of the incoming and outgoing mail server fields varies depending on the version of the program you are using. Make sure to insert the correct information in each field.
- Go back to the Servers tab and check the box next to My server requires authentication-
- CLICK ACCEPT